The Purpose of the Foundation
The Elsa U. Pardee Foundation was established in 1944 under the terms of the
will of Mrs. Elsa U. Pardee, whose life was taken by cancer on October 2, 1944.
Mrs. Pardee provided a $1 million trust fund "for the promotion of the control
and cure of cancer." She directed that this bequest be used to support research
in the field of cancer and to provide for others the advantages of new
knowledge and techniques for the treatment of this related group of disabling
and frequently lethal diseases.
Since 1944, this family-run foundation has proudly granted over $132 million to support two key areas:
Research programs directed toward discovering new approaches for cancer
treatment and cure.
Financial support for cancer treatment
The "Pardee House" (an Alden B. Dow design)
is the home of the Elsa U. Pardee Foundation
Elsa U. Pardee Foundation
P.O. Box 2767
Midland , MI 48641-2767